Runner of the Week - Eli Gerlach
By: Brittany Dino
This runner not only won the WV 5K Championship, but he also just recently won the Freedom Fest 5K Run, Eli Gerlach an Field Engineer choses running as a lifestyle every day. Usually he runs at least 10 to 12 races a year, but he’s been dealing with an Achilles injury that sidelined him for 2 months. He’s now back into training, and by the look of things he’s already on top of his training.
- Choice of shoes: Recently made a switch from Nike to Adidas.
- Favorite Type of Race: Prefers hills on the course
- Prerace Food: morning race= Large Black Coffee and Power Bar. Evening race= 6 inch Rotisserie Chicken with Hot Sauce and Salt & Pepper from Subway
- Races under belt in 2016: 5 so far, usually 10 to 12 a year
- Fast Times:
- 1600- 4:18 Miami ( OH Invitational)
- 5k – 14:41 Coughlin Fast 5K (Columbus OH)
- 10K- 31:15 Columbus 5k
- 13.1- 1:08.56 Columbus Half Marathon
Who do you think should be our next "Runner of the Week". Drop us a note!