Genesis Running 5k Fall Class
WhereSouth Charleston, Huntington, Nitro, Sissonville, and Online only , WV - Oak's Field in South Charleston, Ritter Park in Huntington, Nitro City Park and Sissonville Middle School, and Online Only
WhenSeptember 1, 2020- 6:00 PM
For the fall of 2020 Genesis Running will have both a live and online class to choose from. Live classes are capped at 25 per class location and are for beginner runners and walkers.
What: This is a 9 week training program for beginning runners starting on Tuesday, September 1st to prepare for a live 5k on Saturday, October 31st. There is no running experience required and this class is for beginner runners. There are four live class locations capped at 25 people each and an online only class.
When: The first week of training begins on Tuesday, September 1st and continues for 9 weeks.
Where: There will be several locations for live classes in the Kanawha Valley along with an online option. Class lessons for both live and online classes will be delivered by email and posted to a closed Facebook group. Live classes will meet once a week for instruction and group runs. The training plan calls for three days a week at your own pace and schedule.
Live classes include:
- South Charleston at Oak's Field with Matt Young. Max of 25 participants.
- Nitro City Park with Mac McMillian. Max of 25 participants.
- Sissonville Middle School track with Carmella Crawford. Max of 25 participants.
- Ritter Park in Huntington with Beth Miller. Max of 25 participants.
- Online class to train when you want and where you want. Unlimited participants.
What you get:
- A proven program to make new runners successful.
- Genesis performance style t-shirt
- Day-by-day program to follow with weekly written lessons and video instruction from the coach.
- Facebook group to post your questions, runs, successes and requests for socially distant running partners.
- Instruction on good running form, injury prevention, and nutrition for runners.
- The motivation that comes from having a coach and a proven system.
- Thorough race day preparation.
- Live classes have weekly coach led instruction and accountability.
General Admission. Live classes are $90 for general admission for adults, $25 for kids and $60 for military and first responders and their families. Online only is $50 for individuals that want the email lesson, instructional videos and access to the Facebook group. Parents are welcome to share the information with their kids and it's our hope that families will participate together.
For more info on Genesis Running please visit https://www.genesisrunning.info/fall-2020-5k-classes.html